Spring is here and I’m declaring this the official start of grilling season!
Turn off your oven and get outside, because nothing tastes better than a meal fresh off the grill. We like making delicious dinners on our grill, and enjoying the late evening sunshine out on the patio. There’s nothing better than spending time together after a hectic day, catching up, breathing fresh air, and sometimes sipping an ice-cold brew.
Spring time… I’m so glad you’re (finally) here!
For me, however, spring also means loads of grad school work and very little time to get it all done. The end of my 4th semester at Johns Hopkins University is rapidly drawing to a close and I have still have mountains of work ahead of me. Until I can put this semester behind me, I may not have as much time to share things with you here on the blog.
So today, I’m keepin’ things short and sweet- kind of like this recipe for Pineapple Mango Chicken Kabobs.
This meal is the perfect way to warm up you grill and kick off spring time! It’s loaded with tasty, healthy, fruits and veggies. The pineapple mango dipping sauce is sweet and tangy, a great compliment to the earthy flavors of the peppers and onion.
I have some really fun things to share with you in the coming weeks! If you haven’t already, sign up for our email notifications so that our posts are delivered right to your inbox. This is the best way to make sure you don’t miss a single bite!
Pineapple Mango Chicken Kabobs
Makes 6-8 kabobs
For the Marinade/Dipping Sauce
1/4 fresh pineapple, roughly chopped
1/2 mango (organic)
1/2 lime, juiced
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
pinch of red pepper flakes (more if you want a little heat)
1. Combine all ingredients into a blender.
2. Blend on highest setting until smooth and all ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Reserve 1/2 cup for marinading the chicken, set the rest aside as a dipping sauce for the cooked kabobs.
For the Kabobs
3 chicken breasts (organic)
1 sweet onion
1 red bell pepper (organic)
1 green bell pepper (organic)
Remaining fresh pineapple
Wooden skewers (about 6-8 depending on how full you want each skewer)
1/2 cup of the pineapple mango marinade/dipping sauce
Olive oil to brush on veggies
1. Soak each skewer in water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place into a medium sized bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the pineapple mango marinade, making sure each piece is thoroughly coated. Cover bowl and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour (or more).
3. Chop the onion, peppers, and pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place all ingredients onto the skewer (in any order you prefer).
5. Lightly brush veggies with olive oil prior to grilling.
6. Grill until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
7. Serve with remaining pineapple mango dipping sauce.